We are looking for a volunteer from abroad (Europe and partner countries*) between 17 and 29 years old!
Would you like to get involved in a project in Switzerland, discover a new culture, learn a new language and travel, all for free? Then join the European Voluntary Service (EVS)!⠀
There is a new EVS opportunity available:⠀
Project: Heitere Fahne (in Wabern, Switzerland)
Start: 1rst of August or September 2021 (12 months)
Deadline for the application: as fast as possible
Heitere Fahne is an alternative pioneer project for inclusive culture with utopian flair. A collective consisting of roughly 40 people organizes concerts, parties, theaters, festivals and creates a weekly cultural program in a historical brewery near Bern as well as other urban spaces. As elementary part of the concept, Heitere Fahne always blends its cultural and gastronomical projects with social background and enthusiastically addresses topics such as dis/ability, migration and mental health.
The project starts the 1rst of August or September 2021 and is for 12 months. It is part of the Erasmus+ program “European Voluntary Service (EVS)”.
The main task of the EVS volunteer is supporting the team with the conception and realization of inclusive cultural and gastronomical events. During the stay, the volunteer can deepen responsibilities in service, kitchen, infrastructure, culture or office, depending on his/her skills and interests. In these activities the volunteer receives the opportunity to work with different people in an informal and amicable setting, and to experience and tackle the challenges faced by a pioneer project for inclusive culture.
During the workcamp season he/she will also have the possibility to realize own ideas and projects with the team – be it small or big, as we always try to collectively make dreams come true.
For your accommodation you have a private room in a shared in-house-apartment. Mostly, meals are prepared in the cultural centre, but you also get a budget for food and you have the possibility to prepare meals in the shared apartment.
- You are between 18-30 years old and available for the full 12 months.
- You have good knowledge in English and/or German.
- You are interested in gastronomy, culture, utopian efforts and collective work.
- You are open and interested in working and being with people with different cultural backgrounds, dis/abled people, norm-breakers and ideally have some experiences in these areas.
Basic conditions offered to long-term volunteers
- Accommodation and all meals.
- Erasmus+ Program provides health insurance and travel expenses, plus training seminars at arrival and mid-term.
- Weekly German lessons (optional)
- Pocket money
- Continuous mentoring and support since arrival and throughout all the stay.
- Final certification about the work done and competences acquired.
- The practical and logistic matters will be handled by your sending organisation. SCI Switzerlandwill organize all administrative matters like insurance and visa.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming an Erasmus+ volunteer. Please note that you can only apply if you are between 18-30 years old and if you have not volunteered through the Erasmus+ before. Send your application via email to your Sending Organisation with the subject EVS-Application Heitere Fahne, Switzerland, and include all the following documents in English:
1) CV, Curriculum Vitae
2) Specific motivation letter for the project
More info here.
Pictures: Heitere Fahne.
*Partner countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Russia, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine.⠀