Take part as a volunteer in a Workcamp!
Find out about the conditions of participation, costs, what SCI and partner organisations offer and registration:
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Motivation and willingness to actively participate in work and group life ; special advance knowledge or professional qualifications are not needed.
- Minimum age: workcamps in Switzerland and selected workcamps abroad: 16 years; workcamps in Europe, North America and Japan: 18 years.
- Basic knowledge of English or the relevant local workcamp language.
- Participation in the preparatory seminar.
- Evaluation of the workcamp on returning.
SCI SWITZERLAND AND THE PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS OFFER:
- Simple accommodation (school, youth hostel, tent, etc.).
- Simple catering (self-cooking, camp kitchen).
- Invitation letter for visas, if needed.
- Preparation and evaluation of the assignment.
- One-year membership in SCI Switzerland (incl. member’s journal, reduction of participation fees, free participation in international trainings and seminars, etc.).
- Additional insurance for accidents and illness during the workcamp.
- Workcamp in Switzerland: CHF 90*
- Workcamp abroad: CHF 180*
- Workcamp online: CHF 90*
- There is a discount of CHF 30 for people with no or low income (students, unemployed, …).
- With a few workcamps there are additional program costs on site. These are marked in the database with “Extra Costs”. These costs must be paid on site in the project.
- Travel expenses (you have to organize the trip yourself)
- Visa and travel insurance.
*All workcamps include the membership fee of 90 CHF. Those who have already paid the membership fee will receive a corresponding reduction – also for the second workcamp in the same year (second workcamp: 90 CHF abroad, free in Switzerland).
*Cancellation fee for cancellation after placement: 60% of the participation fee up to three weeks before the start of the workcamp; 80% for later cancellations. Relocation fee for rebooking after registration: CHF 50.
Why pay for volunteering?
SCI Switzerland is a non-profit organization. In order to organize and arrange voluntary placements, as well as for the preparation and evaluation of the volunteering and the camp coordinators’ work, we depend on participation fees. The participation fee covers only a small part of the real costs. SCI (Switzerland) is chiefly supported by its longstanding members and donors as well as government support. Moreover, the SCI-workcamps are financed to a large extent by the local project partners.
- If you want to participate as a volunteer in a Workcamp, read the conditions of participation above.
- Find your workcamp on the search engine.
- Inquire about travel expenses, visa requirements and health questions.
- Workcamp search engine: register directly online (1) and log in (2).
- Sign up for one or more workcamps. Your registration is final, cancellation fees will apply.
- Contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com / 031 381 46 20.
Then what happens?
We will check your registration carefully and if you meet the conditions of participation, we will forward it to our local partner organization. The latter will decide on the acceptance to the project. As soon as we hear from them, we will inform you. You are now definitely registered for the workcamp. You then once more formally confirm your participation to the partner organization and SCI Switzerland by email.
Discover the world as a
Supervise a group of international volunteers in a Workcamp in Switzerland for two weeks!
If you are a non-profit organization based in Switzerland, you can organize a workcamp
DOING CIVIL SERVICE
Do your civil service with us as a camp coordinator in workcamps or as a cook at seminars and training courses