CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Motivation and willingness to actively participate in work and group life ; special advance knowledge or professional qualifications are not needed.
- Minimum age: workcamps in Switzerland and selected workcamps abroad: 16 years; workcamps in Europe, North America and Japan: 18 years.
- Basic knowledge of English or the relevant local workcamp language.
- Participation in the preparatory seminar.
- Evaluation of the workcamp on returning.
SCI SWITZERLAND AND THE PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS OFFER:
- Simple accommodation (school, youth hostel, tent, etc.).
- Simple catering (self-cooking, camp kitchen).
- Invitation letter for visas, if needed.
- Preparation and evaluation of the assignment.
- One-year membership in SCI Switzerland (incl. member’s journal, reduction of participation fees, free participation in international trainings and seminars, etc.).
- Additional insurance for accidents and illness during the workcamp.
- Workcamp in Switzerland: CHF 90* [New 2021].
- Workcamp abroad: CHF 240 * (Membership fee CHF 90+Participation fee CHF 150).
- Workcamp online: CHF 90* (Membership fee).
- There is a CHF 30 discount on the Membership fee for persons with no or low incomes. With a few workcamps there are additional program costs on site.
- These are marked in the database with “Extra Costs”.
- These costs must be paid on site in the project.
- A second workcamp in the same calendar year will only cost CHF 100.
- Travel expenses (you have to organize the trip yourself) Visa and travel insurance.
*Cancellation fee for cancellation after placement: 60% of the participation fee up to three weeks before the start of the workcamp; 80% for later cancellations. Relocation fee for rebooking after registration: CHF 50.
Why pay for volunteering?
SCI Switzerland is a non-profit organization. In order to organize and arrange voluntary placements, as well as for the preparation and evaluation of the volunteering and the camp coordinators’ work, we depend on participation fees. The participation fee covers only a small part of the real costs. SCI (Switzerland) is chiefly supported by its longstanding members and donors as well as government support. Moreover, the SCI-workcamps are financed to a large extent by the local project partners.
- If you want to participate as a volunteer in a Workcamp, read the conditions of participation above.
- Find your workcamp on the search engine.
- Inquire about travel expenses, visa requirements and health questions.
- Contact us if you have any questions: email@example.com / 031 381 46 20.
- Sign up for one or more workcamps. Your registration is final, cancellation fees will apply.
Register on the Workcamp search engine and register directly online (1) and log in (2).
Then what happens?
We will check your registration carefully and if you meet the conditions of participation, we will forward it to our local partner organization. The latter will decide on the acceptance to the project. As soon as we hear from them, we will inform you. You are now definitely registered for the workcamp. You then once more formally confirm your participation to the partner organization and SCI Switzerland by email.
Discover the world as a volunteer
AS A CAMP COORDINATOR
Supervise a group of international volunteers in Switzerland for two weeks!
AS A PROJECT PARTNER
If you are a non-profit organization or a firm based in Switzerland, you can organize a workcamp at your place
DOING CIVIL SERVICE
Do your civil service with us as a camp coordinator in workcamps or as a cook at seminars and training courses
Find your workcamp!
Workcamps are Short-term volunteer placements in an international group. The duration is 1-3 weeks. Together with volunteers from different countries, you support a social, ecological or cultural project abroad (in more than 90 countries) or in Switzerland. Together with other volunteers you help and discover the culture of your host country. Through your commitment, you get to know new people and can gain first-hand experience of the culture and society of your host country. From 16/18 years.