SCI Switzerland supports ecological, social and cultural projects through volunteering. We establish contacts between our project partners and a group of international volunteers, who can, e.g., deal with landscape maintenance or renovation work, or help with festivals or tent camp construction. Such group assignments (workcamps) take place above all in summer. The work assignment must benefit the public and be of use, and furthermore be in agreement with the ideals of SCI Switzerland.
Your contact person
Program manager Workcamps
«In so many ways were we able to benefit from these engagements and can highly recommend working together with SCI.»
A WORKCAMP USUALLY INVOLVES THE FOLLOWING WORK:
- 8 to 15 people (incl. one camp coordinator resident in Switzerland)
- 2 to 3-week assignment
- 6 working hours per day (weekends off)
The volunteer group organises itself (meal preparation, cleaning, community life, etc.). In each volunteer group, there is a camp coordinator who acts as a mediator between SCI Switzerland, the project partner and the volunteers. SCI Switzerland prepares the camp coordinator for their role.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR PROJECT PARTNERS ARE:
- Instruct the volunteers during the workcamp, explain the purpose of the project and ensure safety at work.
- Organise a study session on the project or on a related topic (e.g. biodiversity in environmental action).
- Organise basic accommodation and meals for volunteers (group room with mattresses, etc.).
- Contribute to the volunteers’ health, accident and liability insurance (CHF 1.50 per volunteer per day).
- Organise cultural activities for volunteers in their free time or provide them with a cultural budget of CHF 2 per day.
Make a contribution as a
Take part in a workcamp! Find out about the conditions of participation, how to register and the costs
Accompany a group of international volunteers for 1 – 3 weeks in a workcamp in Switzerland!
Complete your civil service with us as a camp coordinator* at workcamps or as a cook* at seminars and training courses