At SCI Switzerland, we believe in the power of collective action to create positive change for our planet. We are excited to announce that we are seeking volunteers to participate in our upcoming environmental workcamps in Switzerland this summer. Whether you have two weeks or just a weekend to spare, our Workcamps offer opportunities for international and local volunteers to contribute to the preservation of the environment and biodiversity. Join us!
Workcamps (1-2 weeks):
Mountain Farm Loasa Cooperative (Bruzella TI):
- Dates: 23 – 29 July 2023
- Location: Bruzella TI
- Description: Construction of a brick wall in the house, renew drainage of the driveway, build stone walls for driveway protection. And of course some volunteers will also help in hay harvesting.
Pro Terra Engiadina (Sent GR):
- Dates: 30 July – 12 August 2023
- Location: Sent GR
- Description: The focus is on the maintenance and promotion of biodiversity in dry meadows, peatlands or community gardens.
Chestnut forest preservation in Misox (Soazza GR):
- Dates: 06 – 19 August 2023
- Location: Soazza GR
- Description: The volunteers take care of the chestnut forests. The work mainly involves grass cutting and haymaking between the trees.
Mini-Workcamps (Weekend Opportunities):
To participate in the Mini-Workcamps you are not allowed to arrive by plane. More information and recommendations can be found at the bottom of the page. Think about your ecological footprint!
Vegan-organic weekend in Sornetan (Bern):
- Dates: 4-6 August
- Location: Sornetan (BE)
- Description: You will rake the low-nutrient meadow and plant some trees/bushes for the forest garden.
How to Get Involved:
If you want to participate, please read the conditions, costs and registration process. If you want, we can also explain all the details and answer any questions you may have at one of our Workcamps information events – sign up for one!
If you want to know more about how to apply for a Workcamp read the guidelines for applying for a Workcamp.
Ecological Footprint and Recommendations:
At SCI Switzerland, we are committed to promoting sustainable practices and minimizing the ecological footprint of our volunteers. We recommend the following guidelines for participants:
Extend your Stay: While our Workcamps range from 1-2 weeks, we encourage volunteers to consider staying longer if possible. A more extended duration allows for a deeper impact and engagement with the project and local community.
Travel Sustainably: Whenever possible, choose environmentally-friendly transportation options. Consider avoiding flights and opt for trains or buses instead. Switzerland has an extensive and efficient public transportation system that allows you to reach our Workcamp locations conveniently.
For any inquiries or additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This summer be part of the change!