We are looking for 2 participants living in Switzerland for the international seminar ‘AGENDA 2030: How can we achieve the SDGS?’ which will take place from 19-25 February 2023 in Madrid (Spain).
*To participate in the international seminars or trainings, you only need to become a member of SCI Switzerland. The travel costs, your participation fee, food and accommodation are covered by SCI Switzerland and the Movetia Foundation.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This Seminar “Agenda 2030: How can we achieve the SDG?” is a 7-day seminar that will take place in February in Madrid, Spain. The countries involved are Armenia, Italy, Spain, Ireland, Switzerland, Ukraine, Macedonia and Montenegro. It will be attended by 23 participants (including the coordinating team). At SCI Madrid, we are very much aware of the importance and magnitude the Agenda 2030 has and has to have from here to the next 8 years. We believe that as agents of change at a social level, we must join in generating dynamics of understanding and learning about these 17 concepts, to help achieve these goals in the next years, placing value on the importance of youth workers in building the future. The seminar will answer important questions such as; how can we help achieve the SDGs on our daily basis or on our organizations? What are the key factors to achieve the SDGs in the next 8 years? Is the Agenda 2030 well disseminated and why? The lack of knowledge both on a theoretical level and when it comes to generating learning dynamics and even behavior on a daily basis, a situation that we see repeated both in our personal environments and in our professional environment on a medium and large scale, through our volunteering and youth projects, generates the need to find spaces to understand, reflect and to exchange effective ways of transmitting and implementing the Agenda 2030. Therefore, our aim is to raise awareness and deepen the understanding of the SDGs through innovative and appropriate educational and informational solutions for young people to understand the importance and urgency of the implementation of the Agenda 2030 on both a societal and personal level as well as it dissemination to the rest of the society.
During the seminar we are going to use a broad variety of non-formal education methods, such as world café, snowball discussions, research, silent exhibition, theater, visual harvesting, arts, energizers, self-reflection, teambuilding games and more.
The seminar will be facilitated by an experienced team of trainers of SCI: Evaristo & Isabel. They are active trainers in the field of anti-discrimination, gender, climate justice and AGENDA 2030.
- Understand and deepen the meaning and implication of the 2030 Agenda, it’s 5 blocks and 17 goals.
- Assess the importance of the integration of the SDGs.
- To provide participants with the necessary methodology to integrate the SDGs into educational activity.
- Find appropriate ways and spaces to generate dynamics of ownership and leadership in the implementation and dissemination of the SDGs through behavioral dynamics, sustainable consumption, inclusive language, empathy, generation of debates, etc.
- Provide young workers with basic training on the 2030 Agenda so that we all understand the context and the commitment that we must generate with the issues addressed.
- Develop approaches on how to deal with the challenges.
- Raise awareness of ways in which to generate 2030-focused behavior among young people and during youth work.
- Create ways to support young people in developing attitudes, behaviors and commitment.
- Learn about two local organizations in Madrid that are already addressing the issue.
- Learn from the experiences of others: best and worst practices.
- Create an annex to the « Free to be you and me » toolkit and disseminate it.
The seminar will take place in the youth house Albergue Juvenil San Fermín. It is located in Avda de los Fueros, 36 28041 Madrid.
The project aims to gather 21 participants (up to 1-2 per partner organization). The participants will be youth workers, trainers as well as staff, activists, camp coordinators and active volunteers from volunteering organizations. The seminar is open for all genders. All participants selected for this project should meet the following criteria:
- be vaccinated against Covid 19 or recovered (obligation – see exact rules on the next page)
- be 18 years old or older
- be able to work in English
- be interested in the seminar topics and have a strong motivation to act as a multiplier
- Able to attend for the full duration of the seminar
- be committed to spreading their new skills and competences to their sending branches, e.g. via a workshop or a camp coordinator training
- If somehow possible and feasible, be committed to come to the seminar without flying, and to travel instead by overland route.
We explicitly encourage participants of all classes, educational backgrounds, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and ethnic backgrounds to apply. For this project you should either have the nationality of one of the following countries or living in one of them: Armenia, Ireland, Italy, North Macedonia, Monte Negro, Ukraine, Spain, Switzerland.
Please note that there will be just few opportunities to visit the region, but that this is not a “sightseeing” project. This seminar is a serious commitment, and it needs to be taken as such. Thank you!
LOGISTICS, FINANCIAL CONDITIONS AND SUSTAINABILITY
- Simple life: The seminar will take place in a seminar house with simple living conditions. You will sleep in a room shared with a few other people.
- Money, money, money: The travel costs, your participation fee, food and accommodation are covered by SCI Switzerland and the Movetia Foundation.
- Sustainable food: The food we provide will be plant-based (vegetarian/vegan). This is not just a practical decision, but also an ideological one: SCI believes in the values of sustainability and climate justice – and if we want to contribute to a more peaceful planet, we need to give up on industrialized animal agriculture and its destructive effects on our planet.
- Sustainable travels?: This is also why we ask you to come to this seminar through more sustainable means of transport rather than flying (e.g. by train or bus), if somehow possible. There are good train and bus connections to Madrid from many places. We will give you more guidance on how you can reach the venue, once you are accepted to the seminar.
COVID-19 DURING THE SEMINAR
For the protection of all participants on site, we will only accept participants who are fully vaccinated with one vaccine accepted by the Spanish government and the last dose (second or third) is not newer than 14 days and not older than 270 days. After it you need a third dose (booster).
- BioNtech/Pfizer Comirnaty/BNT162b2/Tozinameran
- Johnson/Janssen + a second dose with another vaccine from one of the above
If you’re recovered, you need a Covid-19 recovery certificate. This is valid until 6 months (180 days) after your positive PCR test. After 6 months you need one vaccination shot with one of the vaccines, mentioned above. This is valid 270 days after the vaccination, then you need a second dose.
We will also ask you to bring your own supply of FFP2 masks and a certificate of a negative Covid19 rapid test result no older than 48 hours (no exceptions).Upon confirmation, you are responsible to ensure that your trip complies with the latest recommendations of the health authorities regarding the spread of Covid19. For Spain, the regulations of the ministry of health apply.
Official web: https://www.exteriores.gob.es/es/Paginas/index.aspx
HOW TO APPLY?
Registrations can be made directly via the following link: https://forms.gle/9g4Tfh3xnDqTXJj9A
Deadline for applying is 04th of December 2022.
All those who are accepted will subsequently receive a detailed information sheet (including information on how to get to the venue, how to book their travel and further information on the project program) after the deadline.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Loretta as soon as possible: email@example.com
All information was provided by SCI Madrid.