We are looking for 4 participants (people living in Switzerland) for the Youth Exchange «COVID-19 – What now?» that will take place in Bern (Switzerland) from 24 to 31 July 2022. Get involved!
*To participate in the international seminars or trainings, you only need to become a member of SCI Switzerland. The travel costs, your participation fee, food and accommodation are covered by SCI Switzerland and the Movetia Foundation.
The world is more unequal than before (or is it?):
The world is in a constant crisis mode – COVID-19, war, inflation, climate change. Crisis like COVID-19 affect everyone and it shows us our weak points as a globalized society.
Some questions we want to discuss during this exchange:
- What is the role of young people in times of crisis? How can we get back our voice in times of crisis?
- What has COVID-19 meant for us personally?
- How are environmental degradation and eating animals related to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How did capitalism and patriarchy affect COVID-19 and other crises?
- How do we need to change society to prevent the next pandemic and the next crisis?
- What chances do we have to imagine a new world after these times of crisis?
With this youth exchange, we want to bring together 30 young people from all over Europe to reflect about the pandemic, what we learned and are learning from it and what all of this means for young people.
Youth exchange in Switzerland:
In this project, you will experience how people in other parts of Europe experienced the pandemic and you will come up with strategies how young people can change society for the better after this experience! These discussions will happen in a sensitive, fun and non-formal way.
You will be able to transform your discussions and reflections into short videos and zines to distribute online. There will be filmmaking and zine-making workshops at the youth exchange.
And since we’re in Switzerland, we will make sure to also include some outdoor time. It’s July – let’s go hiking!
Some practical info:
The youth exchange will take place in simple living conditions, rooms are shared with several other participants. Travel costs accommodation, food and program are covered through a grant by Movetia.
COVID-19: Of course we are not sure yet how the pandemic will look like in July and things might change spontaneously. At the moment, rules and regulations in Switzerland are decreasing every week and we do believe we can organise the exchange. We will of course also follow all hygiene regulations that are necessary to
keep the group safe.
Sustainable food: The food we provide will be vegan. This is not just a practical decision, but also an ideological one: We believe in the values of sustainability, animal rights and climate justice – and if we want to continue living on this planet, we need to move on from animal agriculture and its destructive effects on our
Sustainable travels?: This is also why we ask you to come to this project through more sustainable means of transport rather than flying (e.g. by train or bus), if somehow possible. We will give you more guidance and support on how you can reach the venue, once you are accepted to the project.
Who can participate?
- Living in Switzerland, Catalunya/Spain, North Macedonia, Portugal, Ukraine or Turkey and be between 18 and 30! We unfortunately cannot make exceptions here due to our funding. The “group leader” from each
country can also be above 30 years old.
- Be able to participate in the whole period 24-31 July 2022! It doesn’t make sense for you to come to the project late or to leave early, as you would miss important sessions.
- You don’t need to have experience at all! We also really encourage people who haven’t travelled at all yet or haven’t travelled a lot yet to apply.
- Diversity is key! We explicitly encourage participants of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, educational backgrounds, races and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
How can I apply?
You can find the application form here. Please fill it out! We are looking for 4 participants and 1 group leader from each participating country. If you have questions about the application or the project, contact Iuliia (firstname.lastname@example.org).