Art Project with Children in Kyrgyzstan (project of B’Art Center)
The B’Art Center project is looking for a volunteer!
Social engagement plays an important role for B’Art Center. Since 2007 the center supports disadvantaged youth and vulnerable families by organizing art therapies and different social projects. Childhood is an important stage in the development and formation of a human being. Constant care and support from adults is an important part of this process. Due to various circumstances some children must grow up in orphanages and boarding schools or even in the streets as they experience much stress and violence at home and feel an urgent need to leave their families.
B’Art supports them and provides various workshops for children of different age groups. After the masterclasses there is always a big exhibition which presents the pieces of art created by children which are to some extend the reflection of the surrounding world in the eyes of these young people.
MAIN TASKS AND POSSIBILITIES:
– Promote Website and Instagram page
– Online assistance in organizing a children’s workshop in Switzerland, Germany or Austria
– Helping develop partnership and network with children organization and schools in Europe
– Participate in the nomadic Art Camp in Kyrgyzstan (July or August) and develop children project with local communities
- A volunteer should be open-minded and reliable
- It is also important for a volunteer to be able to work independently
- Previous experience with disadvantaged children or families and knowledge of basics of non-formal education would be an asset
- Good knowledge of English is a must (some Russian might also be useful)
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Composition of a report on your engagement on returning
- Interest in the respective region and in the work of SCI Switzerland
- Participation in a preparatory seminar
- Pass on your own experiences to new volunteers after the assignment
SCI SWITZERLAND AND B’ART CENTER OFFER:
- Food and lodging on site
- Assistance by SCI Switzerland before departure, during the assignment and after returning
- Invitation letter for visas if needed
- Preparation and evaluation of the assignment
- One-year membership with SCI Switzerland (incl. SCI newsletter, reduction of seminar fees, etc.)
- Visa service if desired
- Participation fee: CHF 690.- (There is a reduction of CHF 30.- for those with no or little income)
- Local administration fee (Arrival transfer incl.): USD 142.-
- 1-month language course (when needed): USD 400.-
- 1-month homestay (2 meals per day included): USD 520.-
- Travel expenses (you will have to organize the trip yourself)
- Costs for visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, etc. (visa service via SCI)
If you cancel a program you must in any case pay 60% of the participation fee. If we receive the cancellation later than three weeks before the start of the program, or in the event of a no-show or early termination of the program, you will pay the entire registration fee.
Why pay for volunteering?
SCI Switzerland is a certified non-profit organisation. In order to organise and arrange volunteer placements, as well as for the preparation and follow-up of volunteers and camp coordinators, we rely on participation fees, membership fees and donations. The participation fee covers only a small part of the real expenses. SCI Switzerland is mainly supported by its long-standing members and donors, as well as by state funding. Furthermore, SCI Switzerland realises the workcamps mainly with the help of the local project partners.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully (above).
- Inquire about travel expenses, visa requirements and health matters.
- If you have any questions, please contact Nathalia: email@example.com / 031 381 46 20.
- Request the registration form, fill it out carefully and send it to Nathalia. Your registration is final, cancellation fees will apply.
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
We will check your registration carefully. If you meet the conditions for participation, we will forward your registration to our local partner organization. This will decide on the inclusion in the project. As soon as we have received an answer, we will inform you and discuss the next steps with you.
This project is part of the “Eastwards” programme. Eastwards offers projects in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan, not only long-term volunteering, but also Russian language courses, stays with host families, cultural trips for groups and internships.