The B’Art Center project is looking for a volunteer!
Social engagement plays an important role for B’Art Center. Since 2007 the center supports orphanages, disadvantaged youth, homeless children and vulnerable families by organizing art therapies and different social projects. Childhood is an important stage in the development and formation of a human being. Constant care and support from adults is an important part of this process. Due to various circumstances some children must grow up in orphanages and boarding schools or even in the streets as they experience much stress and violence at home and feel an urgent need to leave their families.
B’Art supports them and provides various workshops for children of different age groups. After the masterclasses there is always a big exhibition which presents the pieces of art created by children which are to some extend the reflection of the surrounding world in the eyes of these young people.
In 2023-2024 we want to share our experience and find a partner in European countries.
Main tasks and possibilities:
– Promote Website and Instagram page
– Online assistance in organizing a children’s workshop in Switzerland, Germany or Austria
– Helping develop partnership and network with children organization and schools in Europe
– Participate in the nomadic Art Camp in Kyrgyzstan July or August 2023 and develop children project with local communities
A volunteer should be open-minded and reliable. It is also important for a volunteer to be able to work independently. Previous experience with disadvantaged children or families and knowledge of basics of non-formal education would be an asset. Good knowledge of English is a must (some Russian might also be useful).
- Participation fee – CHF 690.- (There is a reduction of CHF 30.- for those with no or little income.) There is a reduction of CHF 350. – in the participation fee: now CHF 340.-
- Local administration fee (Arrival transfer incl.): USD 142.-
- 1-month language course (when needed): USD 400.-
- 1-month homestay (2 meals per day included): USD 520.-
Note: Travel expenses are not included in the price
SCI SWITZERLAND AND B’ART CENTER OFFER:
- Food and lodging on site
- Assistance by SCI Switzerland before departure, during the assignment and after returning
- Invitation letter for visas if needed
- Preparation and evaluation of the assignment
- One-year membership with SCI Switzerland (incl. SCI newsletter, reduction of seminar fees, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Find more informatio about the Eastwards project here.