We are looking for 1 volunteer from abroad (Europe and partner countries*) between 18-30 years old to join our SCI Switzerland team!
1 volunteer for 12 Months (01.03.2022 -28.02.2023) [or by arrangement]
SCI Switzerland is a peace organization, which is organizing 25 workcamps with around 150 international volunteers every year. 100 volunteers from Switzerland are participating every year in camps within Switzerland or abroad. There are currently five staff members working part time and two EVS volunteer in the office.
The main task of the EVS volunteer is the placement of short-term volunteers in workcamps in Switzerland and abroad. You will also be involved in workcamp planning & publication, in supporting the staff with the conception and realization of workshops and preparation weekends intended for the future participants of the workcamps and in workcamp evaluation. In these activities you receive the opportunity to get used to informal learning methods and to experience the role of a trainer. During the workcamp season you will also have the possibility to visit projects yourself and even take part in one workcamp as a camp coordinator. Furthermore, you can also develop your own projects/ activities on a specific topic according to your skills & interests.
We are looking for an EVS volunteer from March 2022 (or by arrangement). The EVS is for 12 months. It is part of the Erasmus+ program “European Voluntary Service (EVS)”. More info about the EVS program you find here.
For your accommodation SCI rents a room in a campus and you get a budget for food.
- are between 18-30 years old
- are available for the full 12 months
- have good knowledge in English and German
- share SCI values, are motivated for the work with young people and volunteers from different cultures, and interested in office work!
Basic conditions offered to long-term volunteers:
- Accommodation and all meals.
- Erasmus+ Program provides health insurance and travel expenses, plus training seminars at arrival and mid-term.
- Weekly German lessons (optional)
- Pocket money
- Continuous mentoring and support since arrival and throughout all the stay.
- Final certification about the work done and competences acquired.
- The practical and logistic matters will be handled by your sending organisation. SCI Switzerland will organize all administrative matters like insurance and visa.
How to apply:
Please write to email@example.com if you are interested in becoming an Erasmus+ volunteer or if you have some questions. Please note that you can only apply if you are between 18-30 years old and if you have not volunteered through the Erasmus+ before.
Send your application via email to your Sending Organisation with the subject: “SCI Switzerland”, and include all the following documents in English:
1) CV, Curriculum Vitae
2) Motivation letter
Deadline for the application: as fast as possible
*Partner countries: Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Lebanon, Lybia, Marocco, Moldova, Montenegro, Palestine, Russia, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine.