We are looking for 28 international participants (including 4 participants residing in Switzerland) to join the one-week training course “Peace Education Market” which will take place from 18 to 25 April 2024 near Bern, Switzerland.
Apply If you are a peace educator and peace activist who wants to meet amazing peace practitioners from over 13 countries, get inspired by their ideas and projects and learn more about how to provide high-quality non-formal activities for peace!
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS for peace educators and trainers, leaders, peace activists, and youth workers
PPROJECT IN SHORT
With the “Educators for Peace” project, we share our expertise with you, support you in becoming an educator and changemaker and gaining competences essential for building a peaceful and nonviolent world.
The project lasts through 2023 and 2024 and aims at inspiring and training educators and changemakers who are willing to deliver high-quality educational events for peace and become multipliers and messengers of peace, while creating a chain of follow-up actions for promoting and living peace. It consists of several steps:
1. International training course “Training of Trainers for Peace” which took place in November 2023 in Switzerland.
2. International training course “Peace Education Market” in April 2024 in Köniz near Bern, Switzerland.
3. Local actions for peace organised by the training participants (December 2023- September 2024).
Read more about our project here.
PEACE EDUCATION MARKET
The Peace Education Market will empower you to increase the quality and quantity of your peace education activities. During the training you will:
- deepen your knowledge and understanding of the concept of peace and its 3 pillars: inner peace, peace with others and peace with nature,
- learn to design and facilitate high-quality learning processes, and deliver impactful peace education activities,
- participate in numerous peace education workshops and get inspired by them,
- if you want, lead your own workshop and develop your training skills, gain confidence and receive feedback from your peers,
- get equipped with various training tools and methods you can later use in your work and everyday life,
- discuss the current peace education trends and approaches,
- find space for the safe exchange of good practices, of inspiration, of sharing resources and ideas with practitioners from 13 countries,
- plan a follow-up action to take place in your local community upon the course completion.
The project is intended for the following types of participants:
- trainers and educators leading peace education activities,
- peace activists, leaders and youth workers with a strong interest in peace education and its appliance in their work.
There are a few formal requirements you need to satisfy to join the training course:
1. You need to be a resident of one of the following countries: Albania, Bulgaria, France, Jordan, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Palestine, Poland, Serbia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, or Switzerland.
2. You should be able to communicate in English.
3. You must be minimum of 18 years of age.
4. You need to attend the whole course duration (there is no possibility to make exceptions).
5. You commit yourself to organise a follow-up educational activity for peace in your local community / country upon the course completion, before 31.07.2024. It can be e.g. a workshop on peace, training course, online campaign, presentation, screening, discussion, etc.
Please read the CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS. In the document, you will find all the information (requirements, financial conditions, how to apply, venue, etc.).
This project is financially supported by Movetia. Movetia promotes exchange, mobility and cooperation within the fields of education, training and youth work – in Switzerland, Europe and worldwide. Thanks to Movetia, we will cover 100% your food, accommodation and insurance, as well as all organisational costs (training materials, etc.) up to the lump sum limit.
*If you are a participant living in Switzerland, to participate in international seminars or trainings, you only need to become a member of SCI Switzerland. The travel costs, your participation fee, food, and accommodation are covered by SCI Switzerland and Movetia.