The Russian speaking private school in Namangan has some interesting tasks for its volunteers: you can either teach English or/and German in primary or secondary school or help the staff of a kindergarten. The volunteers are also expected to help with some basic tasks that are part of the life of a school.
Why volunteering in a private school? Private schools in Uzbekistan are much easier to work with than state/public schools. Volunteers receive easier access to workplaces, visa services and accomodation. There is no big difference between private and public schools other than in number of students per class (40/20). Private school can also manage their own curriculum.
The staff of the school is welcoming and helpful. The students are motivated and happy to meet people from other countries and learn more about other cultures. Despite the fact that parents should pay for the education of their children, the school is in great need for volunteers, since private organizations suffer a lot from the lack of funds resulting from the corona crisis.
The Russian speaking private school in Namangan already has some experience in accommodating and working with international volunteers.
- Teaching English and/or German to primary and secondary school students or supporting the staff of the kindergarten
- Basic IT support (website creation, general IT support in class, teaching IT to students)
- If possible, help with gardening and landscape architecture
- Creating activities for children using smart toys, basic books (fairy tales), puzzles, etc.
A volunteer should be open-minded and reliable. It is also important for a volunteer to be able to work independently. Previous experience with children and basic IT skills would be an asset, but not obligatory. Good command of English (and/or German) is a must (some Russian might also be useful).
- Participation fee – CHF 340.- (There is a reduction of CHF 30.- for those with no or little income.)
- Local administration fee (Arrival transfer incl.): USD 150.-
- 1-month language course (when needed): USD 150.-
- 1-month homestay (2 meals per day included): USD 250-300.-
Note: Travel expenses are not included in the price
SCI SWITZERLAND OFFERS:
- Food and lodging on site
- Assistance by SCI Switzerland before departure, during the assignment and after returning
- Invitation letter for visas if needed
- Preparation and evaluation of the assignment
- One-year membership with SCI Switzerland (incl. SCI newsletter, reduction of seminar fees, etc.)
If you have any questions, please contact Iuliia (email@example.com).
Download the Call.